BedroomDecorating

Decorations for a Chinese or Arabian Themed Room

I am redoing my room and I need some help. I was thinking of a Chinese theme or Arabian theme, where can I find interesing decorations for that?

Laura

I want to decorate my room Arabian but i have no idea what to do. Anybody have any ideas?

I found most of my stuff at dollar stores-golden elephant candle holders (with fake jewels included),golden elephant "bowls"(to put things like potpurri in them,) etc. At MARSHALLS I found this really cool chinese mannequin(not life-size,ok?but cool) and really exotic-looking colored vases. Just keep your eyes peeled and you'll find what you need when (and where) you least expect it.

well you should have different glittery cloths, mostly dark and midnight colors (purples, dark gold, midnight blue, scarlet) look for them at a fabric store or look for them at a thrift store you should find some also use alot of candles different sizes and line them up randomly on a faux gold platter this should give some effect then look for purple and gold or scarlet and gold bed spreads (or any dark color seperately) them look for pictures or ornaments of belly dancers or elephnats your room should be complete and you will not break $200, i hope your room comes out really nice

****** persiangurl

I'm getting ready to do my room with an Arabian theme and I found the most PERFECT bedspread at jc penny. It has lots of different colors and is like a patch work thing and has some silk in it and it's gorgeous.

Hey whats up? Well I'm happy to tell ya that I am moving out soon and I have decided to decorate my room the same way! And while I was just browsing around in Family Dollar the other day, I found a lot of cool things for a Chinese room theme! I spent $75 and bought these really cool hat boxes (all different sizes), a black king size sheet set, decorations such as plaques that have different Chinese words and their meanings (red and black), and a whole bunch of little room accessories! I pretty much have most of the decorations I need, PLUS a really nice sheet set! You will be surprised where you can find a good deal! Hopefully I helped you out some. Just go to your nearest dollar store, and I'm sure you can find some cute stuff there! :) *angela*

I'm doing a Chinese room theme too! I was recently on a family vacation in Montreal and bought tons of stuff in their Chinatown (I suggest going to any Chinatown to get cheap stuff) I got fans $1, umbrellas $1, and Chinese lanterns $1-4. I also purchased a scroll with Chinese flowers and fish on it for $6 and pillows (unstuffed) for $6. When I got home I searched online for the Chinese writing of some words, I printed those out and put them on my wall with the English translations. Besides that I don't have any more advice but just to have fun make a Chinese or Arabian room!