Damage from Steamer on Pergo Floor

I left my steamer on my pergo floor for too long and it has bleached a spot on the floor. Is there any way to get back the finish color without replacing the few pannels that were damaged?

Boodaboo from SLC, UT

I have sevety-year-old oak hardwood floors. Pergo, though is not hardwood, but a laminated photograph of hardwood.

Now, you can damage ANY flooring surface with steam. That includes hardwood, linoleum, tile, ceramic, and stone. I have a steamer and I have done it. Hardwood and stone just need a little sanding and some polyurethane.

But Pergo? If the photo is bleached out, you need to call the Pergo dealer, or go to the Pergo website, www.Pergo.com , then look at the top under Installation, then Maintenance. You'll see you have very easy maintenance--vinegar and water.

I suspect you'll have to replace a few planks. Look at it as having paid for Pergo Maintaince Course 101. We all have at one time or another.

I use my steamer on bathroom fixtures, hard counter tops, the cooktop and oven, the bricks outside, and windows.

Good luck. Tell me what you decide to do, even if you only buy an area rug.

The floor is guarranteed not to stain. Call pergo and they will remedy the situation

Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsDecember 23, 2005
sweeping a floor
Floor Sweeping Tips
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Antique Steamer Trunk
Determining the Value of an Antique Steamer Trunk
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor