Flash Cards for Learning New Words

I made flash cards for my daughter to help her learn new words. I bought a pack of index cards and went through some old magazine and found pictures of everything from tennis shoes to a salad. I cut out the pictures and glued them onto the index card and wrote the name of the picture on the front of the card.

Anna from South Carolina

I had my 3 year old in our home school with her 6 year old sister. So, I just went on and started her "schooling". I got her a couple of workbooks, but, the biggest part of her learning came from flashcards. She went through the storebought flashcards so fast, I started to make my own with index cards. They come in some great bright colors! At 3 she learned how to count, and how to recognize all the plain and complicated geometric shapes. Also, she also learned how to say & recognize numbers up to 20, and her alphabet. By the time she started K-4, she was really advanced. And all from flash cards! Three year olds are so thirsty to learn, so mom's give it a try. From simple shapes and ABC's, to learning new words, it's a great way to learn. My sister was grown and in college, and had to learn medical termonolgy, and that is how we did it, flash cards!

I thought my 4 year old her months and days of the week by using flash cards I made her. She can put them in order when they are out of order. I love flashcards.

Zig

Make Flash Cards To Learn New Subjects
Parenting Grade Schooler EducationJanuary 31, 2006
Freezing Peas, Frozen Peas
Flash Freezing at Home
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
Learning How to Bowl, Mother and Daughter at Bowling Alley
Learning How to Bowl
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 26, 2016 at 9:21:23 AM on 10.0.0.166 in 953 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.