Keeping Track of Cosmetic Samples

I have received free samples of cosmetic and facial products and am frequently not in a position to purchase those I liked due to a surplus of products in the house. Making a mental note to buy these when needed doesn't function because I'll forget their exact names. Writing the info on a sheet of paper doesn't work (for me) because I seem to recognize more the looks of the jar, rather than the name and source.

My newest method is to take a clear plastic box with a lid and toss in the empty jars, sample packets, wrappers. When I need more eye cream and wish to switch products for instance, I can just open up the box and see the merchandise's name.

I'm not being too fussy, it's just that when you have dark circles under your eyes, only certain products work well and it's a waste of time and money to go through an assortment of options just to find the one needed.

If you want to try this method, may I suggest putting the year and the vendor on the item with an indelible marker - otherwise you may find yourself chasing something that has long since been discontinued. On a sheet of paper, I write the products I didn't like. These are just recordings of the name and vendor. I don't need the packaging because looking at the name is enough.

Source: My own idea.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

I do something similiar except I keep ones I like and pitch the ones I don't.

Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceMarch 5, 2008
Crafts Using Fabric SamplesFabric Sample Quilt
Crafts Using Fabric Samples
Sample Sized Beauty Items
Using Beauty Samples
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
Perfume Sample Bottles
Using Perfume Samples