Renting Out a Vintage Pinball Machine

I have a 1988 pinball machine called the Black Knight. It is not digital. It is pristine and in excellent condition. Someone suggested I try to rent it to bars/restaurants. Any idea who I could contact about something like this?

By Candace from Scottsdale, AZ

The owners of the establishment. But be warned, in a public place you are putting the machine at risk for damage and I don't think the establishments insurance would cover it.

My husband is the manager of a business that buys/sells used cds, video games, DVDs, etc. They have an old arcade machine that a neighbor set up on a commission basis. He gets 80% of the take and the business gets 20%. Perhaps look to other businesses like used media, cafes, campgrounds, mom & pop grocery stores, etc.

I agree with the previous post. Have you seen how people treat pinball machines? They bang them, hit them, and smash their fists down on them when they lose; they also spill drinks on them! And, if you own the machine and rent it out, you are responsible for repairs if it is damaged or quits working. You'd be better off to sell it.

Lots of bars in Scottsdale...look for the upscale ones, the patrons are less likely (I think) to be the "whale away at the machine" sort.

Consumer Advice General AdviceNovember 23, 2009
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
An street with an "Apartment For Rent" sign.
Renting an Apartment
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Couple Rentaling Movie
Saving Money on Movie Rentals
🎄
🍂