Resources for Learning Spanish

I am trying to learn Spanish. Does anyone have any computer courses they would recommend? Anyone used Rosetta Stone? Any web sites? Thanks

Gloria from Saskatchewan

Gloria, I have an older book called: "Cortina's Spanish in 20 Lessons". The site: is a wealth of knowledge. Type in, countcortina; see what comes up

There's also if no luck, write back to me and let me know if I helped at all. You could also google ; spanish languange. The book I have is illustrated also and easy read. Keeper in NC.USA

There is an excellent dictionary by Velasquez (check my spelling) ... My son said that when he was trying to learn Spanish as a construction foreman he wrote down words and phrases in English then took the dictionary when he went to the rest room. He used his "potty time" to memorize the Spanish he needed. He is conversationally fluent now.

How about distance ed via your computer with the community college near you?

If you have a local barter network, you might advertise something in trade for one on one Spanish lessons. I've found that nothing beats a real live tutor when it comes to learning a language. Is there a service you could offer in trade? Music lessons? Homemade cakes/pies? There are probably many bilingual people in your area who would be glad to trade time for time, service for service.

You might also contact your local high school. Many have a student referral service that can pair you with a jr. or Sr who excels in Spanish for a small hourly fee.

This is an excellent source for learning any language and it is absolutely free!

Writing Spanish with a dry erase marker.
Learning Spanish
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Visiting the San Juan Capistrano Mission
Visiting San Juan Capistrano (CA)
Plate of Spanish rice with enchiladas.
Spanish Rice Recipes
Learning How to Bowl, Mother and Daughter at Bowling Alley
Learning How to Bowl