Finding a Buyer for a Fabric Store

My sister recently passed away leaving a store full of fabric and various sewing notions which I estimate at $100,000.00. She lived in Ohio and I live in Virginia. I have no one to take over the store. I wonder if anyone has any ideas for ways I could find a buyer for that much inventory. I would prefer to sell it as one package.

Carolyn from Manassas, VA

I would check with ebay, get a seller assistant and list it. Worth a try!!

I would contact other local stores to see if they wanted anything, then list everything else on ebay. I am very sorry for your loss.

Have you talked to a real estate agent? Not only can they list it for you but they may be able to help find someone to appraise the store and merchandise to see how much it is really worth. Good luck and sorry about your loss.

You might want to contact the chamber of commerce in her city. The local title company may also be involved, and you have to move quickly. Things like this get "overlooked and then end up in someone elses pocket" kind of thing. They can tell you if any local shops would like to have an estate expert sell off to private bidders. In the old days, it was called a penny auction, but these days it's just a private auction. The estate seller will know what her/his buyers want, and will contact them with the location, date, etc. That way, they won't be deluged by parents and sticky-fingered kids running amuck. Your sister will have true fabric lovers there and serious buyers. I hope you can be there to assist or oversee. Sometimes, that much inventory is worth a plane ticket and you would feel more in control.

You have my condolences and I hope this helps.

If you wanted to also go on Craigslist in her city, you can advertise that you are looking for an estate seller, but check references. They are bonded and should have credentials so be careful. Let us all know how it went?

I wanted to say thanks for your responses. I will take each one into consideration.

Thank you too for your condolences. My sister was a wonderful person who would give anyone the shirt off her back. I miss her terribly.

Business and Legal BusinessAugust 20, 2008
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Window Blinds
Cleaning Fabric Window Blinds
🎉
🎄