Value of Old Farm Equipment as Yard Art

Category Miscellaneous
Old farm equipment, including parts, often has value as yard art. Determining the value and finding a buyer may take time. This page offers some ideas on setting a potential value.

Can anyone tell me what this set of Massey Ferguson vintage tracks are worth as yard art?

Answers

Best Answer

I think you could get in the $200 range for it.

Best Answer

That is a really neat piece. It looks OOAK (one of a kind). Selling it is going to be interesting because there are so many variables.

First is anything on it something that could be salvaged and used? I ask this because my research found that Massey parts in working order can fetch big bucks on eBay and other auction sites.

I would hate to see you low ball your offer if the pieces taken apart would fetch several hundred dollars EACH to someone who wants them.

If it is straight yard art (none of the pieces would function on their own), then, with an OOAK piece you can ask whatever you want and the person that buys it will dictate the price. I don't mean any disrespect by that...that is just how the market works.

Here are some things to think about to help you potentially market it:

Was it made by someone in the area who is well known or a prominent citizen?

Is it the only one like it in your area? (If so you can call it OOAK and be accurate).

Are people always commenting on it and saying they would love to have something like it?

Is it going to be easily moved without damaging it?

Will you deliver it and set it up?

If you answer yes to these questions ask a few people what they would pay for it and it may surprise you. It is possible if it is a landmark someone pay offer you two or three times what I am suggesting just because they LOVE it and MUST HAVE it!

The MF brand is one that people like and collect (I see lots and lots of SOLD auctions on eBay for parts, magazine ads and the like, so there is a demand for items.

So say you decide to start it at $2,500 or $3,000 (no one offers you a lot right out of the gate), if it doesn't sell, you can just lower your price until it sells or you get an offer that makes you happy.

Art prices are very subjective. There are a lot of people in the world who will pay a lot of money to have something no one else has.

Be sure to market it with all of the important info that you can (like if it was made by a notable citizen, the age, make and model number of the parts, if you will deliver and set it up--which if you aren't, you will probably need to lower the price if someone is going to be expected to haul it themselves).

If you look online for what people pay for MF art (meaning advertisements and such) you will see it is quite a collectible brand name. Don't sell your piece short!!

Post back what you decide and how much you fetch for it!! It is very neat! I hope it is EXACTLY what someone is looking for, for their home!

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousJanuary 30, 2020
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-02-13 08:16:04 in 885 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️