Identifying Antique Farm Equipment

Category Antiques
This is a page about identifying antique farm equipment. Many people really enjoy old farm equipment, whether to restore it or just display it. Do you have a piece you want to identify or do you know more about the equipment featured in this page?

Does anyone know what this is? I bought this at a local farmer's market in Michigan. It's all wood and has a small lever that expands the rounded ends. It almost looks like a big clamp of sorts.

Answers

Best Answer

How tall is it?

It looks like something to stretch leather--horse saddle, hats?

Best Answer

It looks like a leather stitching Pony Clamp that a harness maker would use. There are many examples on Pinterest.

Best Answer

So cool!!

I found one that sold on eBay for 55.00 plus shipping:

www.ebay.com/.../123824246926?hash=item1cd480108e...

Blessings!! So excited to learn something new today!!

We would like to know what this piece of machinery is. Could you please help us? No one seems to know what it is. Your assistance would be really helpful.

Answers

Best Answer

This is an very old crop harvester used to harvest oats and wheat on the farm. This is a picture of a newer one that is also "old"

I'm trying to figure out what I have here. I am not so much worried about its value, but rather a possible mfg. or how in fact it was used and on what?

Perhaps what and how the pulleys were attached and driven. Is it an attachment or the main component in a piece of machinery that's missing many parts?

Answers

Best Answer

This looks like a piece of farm machinery that had a belt attached to it that ran down train and the wheels would turn and break it up before it was dropped into a bin. That is one of the times I saw this. The other time was on the back of a tractor in the field and it was used to harvest grain and when it turned the grain was put on a belt or in a shoot and it went to the back into a bin for harvest.

Best Answer

This looks like a reel mower of some sort, so it's either that, or some sort of thresher machine. Perhaps it was attached to a truck or some other sort of conveyance.

These wooden pieces were found in an old barn. Anyone know what they are from?

Answers

Best Answer

Normally items such as this were used like a nail to hold a fence together or for buildings to hold large beams in place. They were old wooden nails that they used for building.

Best Answer

Long ago wooden pegs were easier to come by , coming from natures trees and the art of carving them by hand . These craftsmen used these pegs to put together furniture, horse pulled wagons, and structures.

Made perfectly to fit in like a puzzle, locking in secure. Making it a great piece of heritage ! Some are still being made today by generations of carpenters!

I am going through my grandfather's old farm equipment. I haven't a clue what these are.

Answers

Best Answer

This looks like a stock cutter - used for corn, sugar cane.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOFap9wAzfY

What the heck is this heavy piece of old equipment? It looks somewhat similar to a horse-drawn fresno. Thanks for any help!

Answers

Best Answer

It looks almost like a piece of equipment that went on tractors to put the seeds in the ground during planting. I am thinking it is this or a bucket that is placed on a tractor that collects the grain during harvest.

What type of equipment is this and is it worth money?

Can someone tell me what was used for? I am thinking it may have been used when setting out plants and a specific amount of water was used per transplant!

What is this piece of equipment? I saw it a local fair. I apologize for the picture not being the greatest.

Can anyone tell me what this piece of farm equipment is?

Answers

It might be some kind of a plow.

It looks like some type of vintage grain conveyor.

I agree, could it be part of a vintage thresher

Perhaps this site can help you:

www.farmershotline.com/auctions

Their contact info is at the bottom.

They may also be able to give you a value. Please post back what you learn. It is interesting looking!! Thanks!

It looks like an old corn sheller to me.

This piece is displayed outside a local business and I would like to know what it is called.
Thank you.

I live in rural southern Missouri and found these pieces of some type of equipment in the woods on my property. Can you tell me what that equipment might have been and approx. when it was commonly used?

Thank you.

Could anyone tell me what this machine would be been used for please?

Answers

This could have made trenches in the ground for planting.

Possibly an antique horse-drawn laying-off plow

A friend of mine found this in an old barn. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Anyone able to tell me what this is or maybe how old it might be?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone know what this is or what it was used for?

Load More

Consumer Advice Collectibles AntiquesJune 15, 2018
🐛
👔
🌻
😷

Generated 2020-05-14 12:10:16 in 3 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️