Identifying Antique Farm Equipment

Category Antiques
This is a page about identifying antique farm equipment. Many people really enjoy old farm equipment, whether to restore it or just display it. Do you have a piece you want to identify or do you know more about the equipment featured in this page?

We would like to know what this piece of machinery is. Could you please help us? No one seems to know what it is. Your assistance would be really helpful.

Answers

Best Answer

This is an very old crop harvester used to harvest oats and wheat on the farm. This is a picture of a newer one that is also "old"

Can someone tell me what was used for? I am thinking it may have been used when setting out plants and a specific amount of water was used per transplant!

Answers

It definitely looks like some kind of water dispenser

If you scroll down to near the end on this link, you will see that most likely this is an old single-wheeled water barrow sprayer.

www.vhgmc.co.uk/.../

What a neat find!!

If you are going to sell it, it will be a challenge to find a comparable to help you value it (at least where I am there aren't too many of these around).

If you want to sell, talk to a good antique dealer in your town and get the owner's opinion on value where you are. It would be a really neat statement piece for a garden or porch!!

Thanks for sharing it!

Can anyone tell me what this piece of farm equipment is?

Answers

It might be some kind of a plow.

It looks like some type of vintage grain conveyor.

I agree, could it be part of a vintage thresher

Perhaps this site can help you:

www.farmershotline.com/auctions

Their contact info is at the bottom.

They may also be able to give you a value. Please post back what you learn. It is interesting looking!! Thanks!

It looks like an old corn sheller to me.

Yes it is part of a thresher. It measures per bushel and dumps when a bushel has acumulated.

I live in rural southern Missouri and found these pieces of some type of equipment in the woods on my property. Can you tell me what that equipment might have been and approx. when it was commonly used?

Thank you.

Could anyone tell me what this machine would be been used for please?

Answers

This could have made trenches in the ground for planting.

Possibly an antique horse-drawn laying-off plow

I think you have horse wagon parts, at least that is what I think they are called. They were used to get horses hooked up to pull wagons or the tilling devices.

If you are going to sell them, see if you have an auction house in your area that specializes in old things like this--and you will have a better chance of selling it. There is one about an hour from me (at least I think they are still there) and they specialize in old horse and farm stuff. Some people make nice money from these old items in this type of setting/

Thanks for sharing!! Post back what you learn!

Many thanks for the replies, I would like to reinstate the cast iron seat at the rear but I need to do more research and try and get some pictures before I make the mount.

What type of antique farm equipment is this? What was this used for? Aeration?

Answers

Im thinking something used for gathering wheat.

I think this is a hayrake attachment.

What you have is a vintage Hay rake attachment.
There were a lost of different styles/types and I'm not familiar with the years these were used but some are still being used today as newer hay rakes are very expensive.

Here is a site that you can join and then submit several pictures and someone will probably be able to tell you all about your rake.

www.tractorbynet.com/.../140501-rusty-old-farm-equipment-worth...

Here is a link to a similar rake that was sold (no date shown?) but no price is given. You may be able to gather some information that will pertain to your rake.

www.gavelroads.com/.../

Here is a link to all the different types of hay rakes (your rake is in the mix).

www.alamy.com/.../the-old-hay-rake.html

Here are links to other forums but you will have to join before posting your question.

www.smokstak.com/.../

antiquetractorsforum.com/

Anyone know what this is or what it was used for?

Answers

It looks like some kind of grinder. You put was had to be ground on top and turned the wheel.

That is an old Coal Forge, the wood handle pumps up and down and blows air into the bottom center of the round forge bowl.

I am trying to identify the make and model of this tiller. It has been on the farm since 1975, probably earlier. I need info for necessary repairs to bring it back to usable condition.

Thank you in advance!
P.S. has casting "HUS"

Answers

You can upload your picture to the forum at Yesterday's Tractors: www.yesterdaystractors.com/.../viewit.cgi?bd=gardent&th=92888

You can post your question on either of the following sites but you will probably have to become a member first. Membership is free so it is no problem.

forums.delphiforums.com/Rototillers?gid=2141219257

www.yesterdaystractors.com/.../boards.cgi

They may not be able to help you if you do not post better pictures.
Pictures should be as uncluttered as possible - on flat plain board/concrete.
At least 2 full pictures front and side.
Several closeup pictures of tiller from all angles.
Picture of any numbers or letters and where they are located.
Add measurements - width.

Consumer Advice Collectibles AntiquesJune 15, 2018
🌻
🎂
🎃