Identifying an Old Piece of Equipment

Category Miscellaneous
Trying to identify an old piece of equipment completely out of its environment can be a daunting task. Internet searches and sharing photos on-line may help you discover its original use.

Can someone please tell me what this thing is?

Answers

Wow this is a stumper! Are the 4 spool parts electric do you think? The arms with the hooks are adjustable and there are rollers and a crank, so I'm wondering if the electricity moved the jig side to side while the hand crank was used (wild guess here) to pull sheeps' wool or something up and then through the rollers? I'm very curious! Also it appears to be portable, so it could be taken to different pens maybe?

You have the hooks on the bottom of the table to hold either buckets or something else in place. The 4 posts are spindles that would take up the item after it has been cleaned and washed.

I was thinking it was a wool separator that had the 4 spindles on it so that the person could use 4 spinning wheel to spin the wool.

So the hand crank on the side is on a worm screw that brings the spindles either closer together or further apart. I wish there was a brand name or something on it, but there is nothing. Also the the hooks on the front and back spin all the way around.

Heck I don't know. These are some better pics. It looks like the spools flip down and the hand crank pulls or spreads some sort of string or wire apart

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousMay 16, 2020
😎
👔
🎆
🌻
🐛
😷

Generated 2020-05-17 23:13:20 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️