Keeping Copperhead Snakes Out of My Yard

I'm having problems with baby copperheads. Just this month I've found three. One of them got into my house. I've lived in the same house for 3 years and never had this problem before. I read that this is the month that they should be hibernating. Why are they moving around and what can I do to locate where they might be? Does this mean that the nest or den is close by?

By Stacy from Honey Grove, TX

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Go to Sentinel Electronic Snake Repeller, lot of info there, good luck.

I think for a poisionous snake, I'd hire an exterminator.

I have garter snakes that live between my foundation and the sidewalk. I've had them come into my basement family room. They are very annoying. I live in PA where snakes hibernate for the winter. I understand that snakes don't like strong or bad smells. They are repelled by them. imho, one visit from an exterminator would be well worth the money spent. He can advise you about what you need to do.

Answer

Home and Garden Pest Control SnakesOctober 28, 2009
Florida pine snake
Identifying Florida Snakes
A Non-Poisonous Garter Snake.
Identifying Non-Poisonous Snakes
Snake
Deterring Snakes
A garter snake in grass.
Getting Rid of Garter Snakes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 28, 2016 at 3:03:25 PM on 10.0.2.110 in 598 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.