Keeping Copperhead Snakes Out of My Yard

I'm having problems with baby copperheads. Just this month I've found three. One of them got into my house. I've lived in the same house for 3 years and never had this problem before. I read that this is the month that they should be hibernating. Why are they moving around and what can I do to locate where they might be? Does this mean that the nest or den is close by?

By stacy from Honey Grove, TX

Go to Sentinel Electronic Snake Repeller, lot of info there, good luck.

Anonymous

Im thinking the one in your house might have come thru a hole in your foundation make sure you dont have holes around your house a good way to check would be to install a french drain it might be that you have a way under your foundation

I think for a poisionous snake, I'd hire an exterminator.

I have garter snakes that live between my foundation and the sidewalk. I've had them come into my basement family room. They are very annoying.

I live in PA where snakes hibernate for the winter. I understand that snakes don't like strong or bad smells. They are repelled by them. imho, one visit from an exterminator would be well worth the money spent. He can advise you about what you need to do.

Put sulfur out