Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Nicotine Stains on Blinds

How do you clean nicotine stains on vertical blinds?

Paul from Ocala, FL

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Donna (Guest Post)08/09/2008

For vinyl blinds, I used baby wipes dipped in a mixture of Borax and water, and it did a very good job of getting nicotine off the blinds.

By Cyinda [214]12/29/2006

I took mine down, hung them on the line outside (or on your bathroom shower curtain pole) & sprayed them with straight SIMPLE GREEN, waited about 1/2 an hour then hosed them down. Amazing! They looked like new (My blinds were made from fabric)

By Kim McGrantham [16]12/29/2006

If you dont want to take them down, just use bathroom wipes. They work great on blinds.

By Arlene (Guest Post)12/29/2006

I use powder dishwashing detergent dissolved in hot water to clean my blinds. Perhaps you could use the liquid dishwashing detergent also. Lay newspapers under the blinds and spray the detergent full strength or diluted in hot water on the blinds. Spray with clear water to rinse if necessary. Wipe excess moisture from bottoms of blinds as they drip dry.

By (Guest Post)12/29/2006

I like Fantastic cleaner. Spray it on and hose it off!

By Judy (Guest Post)12/28/2006

I've used laundry detergent and oxy in the bathtub. I drip dry them off the edge of our deck in the good weather. They seem to come pretty clean but not "new" looking.

By Allison [16]12/27/2006

Try Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner.