Removing Mold and Mildew From Curtains

CurtainsHow do you get rid of mold on curtains without washing them?

Answers

By Kathleen W. (Guest Post)

If it's a shower curtain you want to remove mold from you can mix 1/4 cup of bleach in a quart spray bottle with water(fill the bottle full of water after you put bleach in it),spray where the mold is, you may need to do this a few times. Good luck.

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 399 Feedbacks

If it is a shower curtain, you can just wash in the machine with bleach & soap. If it's regular curtains, I guess I would try a steamer. Black mold is very bad for your breathing. Good luck!

Hi... we had this problem really bad, but then solved it by spraying this 'Curtain magic' spray onto it that we found online. You can see it work while the guy is talking on the video... works well. removehousemould.co.nz/how-to-remove-mould-from-curtains...

Hope this helps you. Sally.

Thin beige curtains they can't have bleach are used dawn Prock side vinegar baking soda

How do I get rid of mold from large patio window curtains.

Thank you but what are the quantities required of Baking Soda to Vinegar. I think this is important for it to work.
Yours truly
V.Vant/

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks

I don't measure, but sprinkle a thin coating (1/16 inch) of plain white table salt, then a thicker coating (maybe 1/8 inch) of the baking soda on the spot and enough vinegar to get the foaming going, then let it sit for 1 hour.

I then scrub with an brush only used for this process. Sometimes I have to repeat 2-3 times, but it almost always works.

This is my go to for both the pink and gray/black mold stains we get on the shower curtain and bathroom tiles.

Be very careful with molds as they can cause many health issues. Wear gloves when you scrub, and one of the medical masks if you have any lung or health issues. Safety first!

Answer this Question

5 More Questions

How do I clean curtains in a pop up camper? They are in good condition, I just want to freshen them. They do have a tiny bit of mildew on them, but are salvageable.

By tina

Answers

What kind of fabric are they?

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 360 Feedbacks

Have you tried vinegar? That usually works for me.

Visit http://www.popupexplorer.com
Do a search there and you'll get a lot of ideas about how to clean the curtains/canvas. It's a great site!

Answer this Question

I have found a pair of stunning blue curtains that I would love to put up in my bedroom. But when I opened them up I saw that they are both riddled with Mildew. How do I get them clean? Please help!

By Claire from South Africa

Answers

Anonymous
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 112 Feedbacks

I don't know if Good Housekeeping knows what they are talking about, but this is what they say about removing mold from various items, including fabric:

www.goodhousekeeping.com/.../prevent-mildew-jun02

Answer this Question

I have some curtains that have mildew on them, it has been there awhile. When my mother died I found many sheets and curtains that she had collected moisture. I'd like to try to salvage what I can. Any ideas? Please help!

By Sharon

Answer this Question

How do I remove mold from terrylene curtains?

By Libby H from Australia

Answer this Question

How do I remove mold from Curtains?

Home and Garden Cleaning Blinds and CurtainsJuly 22, 2013
🎃
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Mold-and-Mildew-From-Curtains.html