Hanging Tomatoes

I recycled my milk jugs by planting tomatoes in them upside down, and fed them used coffee grounds, they are thriving!

I like your set-up. It looks like the tomatoes are doing really well. I was thinking about growing them upside down, but I have no place to hang them.

Hi Sharon

I am in Oz, so not sure if we use the same type of milk bottles. Did you fill the bottle with soil, then put the plant in the neck of the bottle & hang the bottle with the neck hanging down, or did you cut a hole in the bottom of the bottle & hang it upside down? Is the planted part hanging down, or just the tomato plant naturally growing downwards?

I can imagine strawberry plants & all sorts of other plants being hung this way, If I can work out how you did it.

Would you possibly be kind enough to post another photo or two for this please? Perhaps one with the plant standing up before you hung it hanging down, or if there is another hole cut in the container, etc.

Sorry, but you know what differences are like from country to country.

Thanks heaps.

Growing Tomatoes, Red Tomatoes on White Background
Growing Tomatoes
Home and Garden Gardening Growing Growing FoodJune 11, 2010
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Supporting Tomato Plants
Supporting Tomato Plants
Cherry Tomatoes
Growing Cherry Tomatoes
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes