Use Recycled File Folders For Cardstock

While purging some old files here at home, I found I was getting quite a pile of empty folders. I figured that there had to be something I could do with these besides tossing them in the recycling. The tab portions were bent but the other portions looked pretty good. I decided to try and see if it would go through my printer safely.

Being a lover of Victorian type prints, I decided this is what I would do my "test" on. I found this print and others online that were quite pricey. So I made my own to decorate in my home. See picture. The thickness of the file makes it very sturdy.

Cut the file folders into two pieces along the file bend line. This picture is printed on the largest piece of the folder. I did have to cut a small portion of this folder side so that it would feed into my printer. I absolutely love the "vintage" look it gives to the print.

The shorter side can be used as well. You can actually get two 5x7 pieces out of that side for smaller pictures. I have also folded the recycled portion in half and made "card stock" and done some personalized note cards for myself as well. The part of the folder which is used to extend the amount of paper in the folder is also recycled to cut to size for tabbed notebook or recipe dividers. The possibilities are endless.

PLEASE NOTE: I have used these prints ONLY in my home and not attempting to make any profit on them.

Source: Me: Trying to use things around the house for another purpose.

By Southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

Fantastic recycling idea and it definately does give it a great vintage look to the print.

Great Idea. Will try this.

What kind of printer (brand name) do you have? I have a Brother MFC-3240C and it does not seem to be able to handle "thick" paper. I have been trying to use up some old letterhead paper leftover from my husband's business and it jams every time.

I have a Hewlett Packard Photosmart printer. I absolutely love it. It has been the best printer ever for doing unusual printings.

I have done this myself, it works great for clipart and things I use in Scrapbbooking

I use them to print my recipies on and then I laminate them.

Reusing File Folders
Reusing File Folders
Better Living Green Living ReusingAugust 3, 2009
downloading a file
Deleting a Downloaded File
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
🎉
🎄