Deleting a Downloaded File

Category Tips
When you get rid of a file on your computer, you want to make sure all of it is gone. This guide is about deleting a downloaded file.

Can someone tell me what happens to a downloaded pdf document once it is printed? Does it remain as a file? I'd like to delete it, but I can't find where it is downloaded.

By Bee from New Orleans

Answers

Best Answer

Usually a PDF is downloaded and you have to click on it to open the file. If you downloaded the PDF and it opened automatically then it may not be saved to you PC, it may have just loaded in the application that displayed it. If you do a search on yur PC you can search for *.pdf and all pdf files you have on your PC should display as a list. Just in case you are unfamiliar with searching your PC go to START (in Vista that would be the windows icon in the bottom left of your screen), click on search or in the search box. Make sure, if you have the option, to select your C drive to search. Usually, when you download a file, it gets saved somewhere on your C drive by default.

Good Luck, hope this helps.

Best Answer

My computer has a "Download" folder. You could search for it under download, or check your help section to see where you set the default location for downloads. It is probably still on your computer.

Thank you. I have done this in the past but this time I didn't get any visible PDF files. At the very least, I should have some of the Pdf manuals listed such as Dell or my printer's . My P. C was recently totally wiped clean ,some things do not seem to work as well. I can't even access the sites I want in the address bar I have to do it in the Google search. I am not sure I want to go back to the same person. I appreciate your feed back. Stumped granny

I have a PC. I go to the left hand bottom corner, click on the round Window's Vista logo and at the very bottom where it says "Start Search" I type in the full word "downloads" and all my downloads pope up including PDFs.