Transporting Soup for Potlucks

We have a lot of eat days at work for birthdays, etc. We usually have a theme. Occasionally, it will be a soup theme. The last time we had one of these parties I made the soup the evening before, and put it into a gallon sized zip lock bag.

Then I put the bag in the crock pot (it was winter, so I could leave it on the back porch until morning, but it could be refrigerated if you have room). The next day I didn't have to worry about the soup spilling on the way to work. It worked very well.

By Kmcb59 from Washington State

What a great idea! I would have been afraid that the bag would melt but now that you've done it I know that it will be alright and I won't be so scared of doing this myself, thanks!

Fantastic idea! Sometimes, I use the large plastic coffee cans to take food to pot lucks. You can decorate them easily and if you don't get them back you haven't lost much.

This is a Great idea. I have had many a spill in the past, turning a corner! Bless you!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJanuary 6, 2010
Chili Soup
Chili Soup Recipes
woman Putting Groceries in Her Car
Tips for Transporting Food
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
🎉
🎄