What Is This Plant? (Arrowhead Philodendron)

I'm trying to find out what type of plant this is, so I may better care for it (as it seems to be struggling to survive). I really enjoy this plant because each leaf is uniquely colored with green & white. I appreciate all help/responses. Thanks!

Hardiness Zone: 6b

Patrick from Saddle Brook, NJ

It looks like a philodendron to me. They are generally very easy to care for. They like bright indirect light and can tolerate a bit of shade. I water mine every week and they just grow and grow. If yours is having problems, you might repot it and make sure it has good drainage. That pot looks a little small, from what I can tell from the picture and a larger drainage tray might be good too. Otherwise, you might try it in a different place in the house. These are a vine so they do very well as hanging plants.

Jess

Your plant looks like a "goosefoot" -- don't know the proper name for it. I've grown these for decades. They come in all kinds of colors. The one I have now is pink. You gave a hardiness zone so I guess you're thinking of putting it outside but I don't think they'll survive the winters in your zone. They like bright, indirect light and they like to stay wet. You can use these in water gardens(they'll survive but won't get bigger).

A Pothos which is in the philodendron pattern...I have quite a few of these and LOVE them...each leave is different...I totally agree with jess_admin on the care...good luck

It is a type of philodendron, commonly called arrow head. Treat it like you would any other philodendron.

I used to take care of plants for earl mays garden center, this is the arrowhead plant and looks to be a variegated variety which i haven't seen before!! Very pretty plant.

it is a tropical plant, used for a house plant or garden plant in mild climate. It has a vining habit or IS a vine. It likes moist, rich soil, and makes a great container house plant. Easy to grow, just water when soil gets dry, but do not over water.

A woman watering a houseplant.
Identifying a Houseplant
Home and Garden Gardening Plant Info What Is This PlantJuly 31, 2007
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Mystery Plant
What is This Garden Plant?
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
🎄