How do you trellis beans?

What is the easiest way to trellis beans? Also, I am find these tiny (size of a pin dot ) bugs on my bean plants. What are they and how do I get rid of them?

By catwil from Vancouver, WA

The easiest way is to take three or four wooden sticks or poles about 3-4" long and about 1" wide. Put the poles in a circle around 1 or 2 bean plants, gather them together at the top and tie a piece of sturdy string or plastic around them all. You will now have what looks like a mini teepee. The beans will grow and climb the trellis. Hope this helps.

Try using Seven dust and sprinkle over garden vegetable plants. This keeps bugs away, but you have to do it often especially after a rain.

We use chicken wire to let the beans run on. Also, we use dawn dish soap and water to spray the entire garden (approx. 1 acre), this keeps all of the bugs off and is safe. Put dish soap in a garden sprayer that hooks to water hose.

The best, easiest and cheapest way is to plant your bean seed with a couple of corn seed. Even if you don't want the corn, it makes a great trellis for beans to grow up on. My family has been doing this for hundreds of years. Our heirloom bean seed are cornfield beans, and they grow wonderfully up the corn stalks.

I use dawn dish soap dilluted in a spray bottle to spray the leaves. Works wonders, as far as a trellis I just plant them on my chain link fence.

I made a tripod shape and attached with poles inbetween. Then placed smaller sticks along the pole because the beans tend to spread out. Also you could use binder twine if you have it. It may not look pretty, but it works.

Also on the beans it might be flea beetles. They eat several garden plants. Seven or Eight dust works for this. I hope this helps.

Home and Garden Gardening VegetablesJune 9, 2009
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Freezing Green Beans
Scattering of dried pinto beans with red peppers and cilantro. Cooking Dried Beans
Freezing Pinto Beans
Trellis Yarn Necklace
Making Trellis Yarn Jewelry
🎉
🎄