Storing Food While Traveling

When traveling, I make sure I bring along a variety of ziplocks, rubber bands and various sized twist-ties. These come in very handy for saving left-over snacks and other food, such as restaurant remnants. Ideally, I have along an ice chest for perishables.

By Cyndi from Angwin, CA

Hi, I purchased a 12 volt cooler for the van when we go on road trips, or to the grocery store on a hot day.

It plugs into the lighter. It has an adapter so you can plug it on in the house on the night before you go and then put food and water, soda, anything to be kept cold. Then plug into lighter. When you want a drink it will be really cold.

Best purchase I made for our 6,000 mile trip across USA this past summer. Saved a lot of money not having to go to restaurants for lunch. We could stop in some scenic area and have fruit, coldcuts, bread, soda, water, cheese etc. and rest and enjoy the scenery.

I do the same!! Also, some places, such as McDonalds will give you free ice for your cooler. I also take pretzels, fruits, cheese cubes and the presweetened koolaid type mix (from aldi) and a small funnel. We can refill our water bottles and add some koolaid powder (with the aid of the funnel) and not have to buy our drinks as traveling. (works great for kids)

Eating Healthy While You Travel, A tray of prepackaged airline food.
Eating Healthy While You Travel
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversOctober 23, 2008
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Family eating food while on vacation.
Saving Money on Food When Traveling
Woman With Allergies
Traveling with Allergies