Use Grocery Bags For Garbage Liners

We use small garbage cans in many of our rooms. To cut out the cost of small garbage bags, I use the plastic bags that my groceries come in. They fit pretty good and they come with a built in handle that can be tied when they are full.

By Kim from Franklin Park, IL

This is such a great money-saving tip! I was kind of surprised that not everyone does this, just because my family has ever since I can remember. It's so useful! I am glad you are doing this too. :)

bag of garbage
Garbage Tips and Tricks
Better Living Frugal Living TipsJune 12, 2007
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
Making Your Own Panty Liners
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
Garbage Bag
Saving Money on Garbage Bags