Add Decorative Applique to Apron

I just love the many how-to projects that I've found on the internet. I do a lot of charity projects for Vietnam Veterans of America so they can raise money for their college scholarship fund. I've been busily sewing tea towel aprons with matching hot mitts. I recently posted a tip on creating these:

The top of the tea towel apron I had made looked just too plain and it needed a little something to dress it up, so I added three heart appliques as shown in the photo. I have 45+ years of sewing experience and have never taken the time to learn how to sew on an applique.

By MCW from Lewiston, NY

These are more appliqued hearts that I've added to other aprons.

Woman wearing a handmade apron.
Making an Apron
Crafts SewingJuly 27, 2010
Child's Apron
Making a Child's Apron
Photo fo the finished craft apron.
Making a Craft Apron
Making a Jeans Apron
Applique Patterns
Printable Applique Patterns