Using Cocoa Butter on Sensitive Skin for Scars

Is cocoa butter safe to use on sensitive skin for acne scars and normal scars?

By Sally from Scotland

Answers

Hi Sally. I must have missed this post earlier, sorry for such a late response.

The problem with sensitive skin is that what may be sensitive to my skin many be just fine for your skin. I can and do use cocoa butter and yes it does help with non acne scars (and especially works well to moisturize dry skin from my neck, down). However, I can't use it on facial acne scars as it's too oily for my face and causes more breakouts.

I don't know of any source that claims cocoa butter is harmful for human skin (then again, I don't know everything - darn!) but if I were you I would just experiment on small sections of skin and see how your skin reacts to such.

Wish I had a more definitive answer, but this is the best I can share. Good luck and I hope it works for you.

Another good remedy would be to use aloe Vera, pure if possible, if not use some store bought one like banana boats one (it works great for me anyway). It kinda dries out your acne but not the rest of your face. Give it a try, hope this helps.

Acne Scars
Remedies for Acne Scars
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceMarch 14, 2011
Dealing With Sensitive Skin
Dealing With Sensitive Skin
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
powdered cocoa
Storing Cocoa
🎄