Cotton Blanket Stiff After Drying

My boyfriend accidentally dried my 100% cotton winter blanket on high heat instead of low heat like it says on the tag. Now it's as stiff as cardboard. I've tried shaking it out, but it's still very hard and stiff. Is it ruined forever or is there a way I can re-fluff it?

By Amy from Brooklyn, NY

I would try washing it again, using liquid fabric softener in the rinse cycle. Then dry it on the proper setting with 4 or 5 dryer balls. If you don't have those, you could use regular tennis balls or even the old trick of a pair of clean sneakers.

Good luck!

Ditto of Mary T :-)

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 15, 2009
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
A bed in a bedroom.
Electric Blanket Error Codes
A pile of dried apple slices.
Drying Apples
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 12:29:43 PM on 10.0.0.30 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.