Paint Color for Beige Sofas

I have beige couches and green countertops. What color should I paint my walls? These are the couches that I just bought. Please share your ideas.

By mandi1234 from Phoenix, AZ

Beautiful sofas! I would paint the walls a darker shade of the color you have now. Or perhaps a medium tan or beige - a few shades darker than the sofas.

Great sofas! I agree with staying in the brown family. I would use a medium tan or a light to medium brown. Then you could use the same shade of green, plus some golds,etc. as accents.

Dark red or burgundy would be striking! Accent with brown and gold. Very warm and cheerful.

September 29, 2009 Flag

I have beige colored sofas and I need to paint my house. Can anyone suggest the best colors to go with them? Also what color curtains will go with them? My living room size is 290 square feet.

Thanks,
Sharath from India

Answers:

Paint Color for Beige Sofas

Boy are you lucky! You can choose any color to use with those sofas.

I'd probably use a light heather (greyed) green for the walls. But you will need to pick a color from your carpet or window treatments. Choose your favorite and go with it.

Blue and tan is very popular in the interior design world right now. You can choose a light shade of blue and use bright blue or teal accents.One of my favorite combos is brown and red. My daughter had a dress in these colors when she was a little girl and I was taken with it. Feel up to red walls?

In my clothing, I often wear lavender or fushia with beige. Various purples and beiges go well together. It seems the purplish shades add a little femininity to beige. Be sure to add bright accents in the purple family.

Have fun and enjoy. (10/25/2006)

By Carol in PA

Paint Color for Beige Sofas

You can use any color you like, even neutrals, so long as you go either a shade lighter or darker than your couch color. Then use an area rug, pillows, accessories and/or a throw over the back of the couch to layer in accent color. Or go bold with color on the walls. Try to think of the feel you hope to achieve in the room and theme it to a setting.

For instance, if you want a relaxing, soothing beach feeling, think sand, rocks, shells, water, sky, trees, palms, fruity drinks and little umbrellas and all the colors associated. Then look at a color wheel and decide what type of scheme you want to go with. (10/26/2006)

By mef1957

Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceSeptember 29, 2009
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Old Paint Can
Disposing of Old Paint
🎉
🎄