Organizing Rubber Bands

contest winner icon

Save the little plastic hanger that comes with a new pair of socks. Load all your stray rubber bands onto the hanger. Use one rubber band to make the hinge. Loop it inside itself around the end and then hook the other end. Toss it in a drawer or hang.

By Anne from Memphis, TN

Good idea, I just hang mine on the door knobs though. No matter which room I'm in, I usually can find one right where/when I need it.

GG Vi

I used to keep them on door knobs & many other places, but I don't use rubber bands often, so they tend to get old & then they can get nasty. What I do, is put the ones I want to keep, in a Ziploc bag, in the fridge. I roll it to squeeze out the extra air each time I open the bag. This works really well. They stay fresh.

I use to be in the wholesale end of the saltwater fish industry. They use rubber bands to close the bags of fish for shipping & selling to the consumer. They keep their rubber bands in water. It also makes them easy to use, they don't stick.

If you have many and we do as the mail man sorts the mail for our column of mail boxes you can make a rubber ball from them and just keep in the draw and take one when needed. Just fold over several of the wider ones and keep going and using the folded over ones as your middle and you will be surprised how easy it is to have one right at hand.

I keep mine around a can shaped stubbie holder which lives in a wall cupboard in the kitchen. :)

I love this idea, Anne. I have been using some magnetis clothes pins on a magnetic board to hold my rubberbands. I don't use many, but I find the magnets fall off quite often, especially if I overload them. I've always wondered what I could do with those sock hangers - now I know. Thanks for a great idea.

Organizing Your Office
Organizing an Office
Photos OrganizationJuly 15, 2010
Uses for Rubber Bands
Uses for Rubber Bands
Bottom of Rubber Boot
Removing Rubber Stains
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps
🎄