Angel Lapel Pin
This pin is a recycle pattern with a Christmas theme. It is a tiny angel lapel pin using gold safety pins, pearls, and beads. It is appropriate for casual wear or for dressy occasions to Christmas parties.
- gold or silver safety pins
- pearls and gold or silver beads
- beading wire - 32 gauge
- pin back
- hot glue gun and glue
- Start by threading 5 pearls (2 1/2 mm) onto each safety pin. Use the photos as a guide as you work.
- Cut one piece of beading wire 6 or 7 inches long and string the head ends of the pins on this wire adding a 5mm pearl between each safety pin.
- Then take the wire on each side, and thread it back through to the center pin.
- Snug the pins up on the wire; then twist the wire at the back and clip.
- Cut another piece of wire about 12 inches long and thread all 6 of the backs of the safety pins onto the wire.
- Center them on the wire, and then add the 7mm pearl (bodice) by threading the ends of the wire through the bead from opposite sides.
- Next, thread 7 gold or silver beads onto each end of the wire and thread the wire back through the 7mm pearl. Pull up until the wings form.
- Continue with the same wire and thread both ends up through the 8mm pearl (head).
- Thread 6 gold or silver beads for the halo on one end of the wire; then thread them on the other wire in the opposite direction.
- Snug everything down until it is fairly tight with the head resting on the bodice and the halo standing on edge on the top of the head.
- Run the ends of the wire down through the 8mm bead, then twist them together, and clip them.
- Turn pin over and hot glue the pin back in position. See last picture for placement.
The instructions are also in a PDF file for which you may need Acrobat Reader to view. Download Acrobat Reader
About The Author: Harlean Greathouse is a mother of three who has been married for 45 years. Long time readers of ThriftyFun will probably recognize her as Harlean from Arkansas, the name she has posted under as a valuable member of the ThriftyFun community. She specializes in wood crafts and enjoys designing crafts using recyclable materials, knitting, crochet and has been an arts and crafts vendor for over 35 years. Harlean has a CD available with 11 unique crafts designs for only $5.00 (including shipping). For more information visit:
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
December 30, 20080 found this helpful
This is lovely and I think I will try to make this. Thanks for sharing it.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 21, 2016 at 10:46:41 AM on 10.0.2.69 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us