Cleaning Stuck Food Off Cookware

When cleaning a mucky frying pan, put water and a squeeze of dish washing liquid into it and bring to a boil. After the water has boiled for a few minutes, it will be easy to clean without much scrubbing.

By Tupence from High Wycombe, Bucks, England

I make gravy most of the time. For some reason that always cleans my pans or pots. Yes, I also make gravy in pots if I have run out of pans for that evening. Still works great. My gravy is made from scratch, don't know if those packages will do the same, but why not. It must be the constant stirring in hot liquid that's doing the cleaning.

Just remember to let it cool down before washing, as long as you don't boil out all the water, the food wont re stick.

also if the pan has lots of stuck on food, after about 5 minutes of boiling, take a spatula and loosen the food burned into the pan, do this every 5 minutes or so until all the burned food is gone.

Also, pouring the liquid into a hot pan is called de-glazing. It works in making gravy, sauces and cleaning the pans.

Add some water and a teaspoon or two of cream of tartar. Bring to a boil... works like magic! Burnt food just disappears without scrubbing! I have used this trick for seriously burnt-on (do I have to throw this pan away? foods. You may have to dump the water and do it a few times for really bad burnt on messes.

September 7, 2010 Flag

How do you remove food that is stuck to the bottom of a pot?

By Meryl

Answers:

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (11/02/2009)

By kmcb59

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

If the utensil does not have a non-stick coating, spray oven cleaner on it. Place cover on pot and let set for a while. It should clean it. (11/03/2009)

By Cajun62234

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

Powdered dishwasher detergent and water - make a thick paste with detergent and water,cover stained area, and let pot sit overnight, then scrub. Or fill pot with water a little above the stained part, stir in 1/2 cup detergent powder, bring to a boil and simmer 10-15 minutes. Burnt on food will float to the top and/or scrape off easily. You can buy the detergent at the dollar store for this if you don't have a dishwasher. Brand El Cheapo works as well as the more expensive brands, but it must be powder, not gel. (11/04/2009)

By Omanana

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

Cover the bottom with baking powder then add vinegar, will foam. Leave overnight with a lid on the pan, this has worked for me. Good luck. (11/05/2009)

By latrtatr

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

Soaking in hot water with a little dish soap and Calgon water softener works every time for me. Soak for an hour or all night. Works great for soaking the oven drip trays, etc. I add Calgon water softener to the dishwasher and washing machine too, I wouldn't be without it. I never need anything else. (11/05/2009)

By CAKEDEC

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

Try laying a dryer sheet in it and running hot water over it. Let it sit for a bit and just wipe it off. It never fails. (11/05/2009)

By soneal1027

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

I add about 1/8 to 1/4 inch of water, and simmer or boil on the stove for a few minutes, until the bits are soft, then scrap with a plastic pancake turner. Drain everything out, let the pot or pan cool, then wash as usual. (11/07/2009)

By Carol L.

November 2, 2009 Flag

Clean stuck-on food from cookware by soaking it in baking soda and water for 10 minutes. After soaking, wash as normal. Baking soda can also be used as a scouring powder on the cookware.

By Lisa Trudeau

Answers:

Cleaning Stuck Food off Cookware

Baking soda is great for cleaning lots of stuff. I use it for getting coffee and tea stains out of cups, coffeemakers, etc. It's also good for cleaning / polishing brass and other metals, bread stones...just about anything that you don't want to risk scratching (as you might with Comet or steel wool). (09/06/2004)

By Alph

Breakfast burnt and stuck to the bottom of a pan.
Cleaning Stuck Food Off Cookware
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesSeptember 7, 2010
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄