Making a Mosaic Back Splash

I am getting ready to remodel the kitchen and want a creative back splash for behind the stove. My thought was to use old advertising magnets and broken beige tile in a mosaic. Since I am disabled and need to mostly sit, I was wondering if I can use a white waterproof backer board and do this? I would also like to say it will totally be without a pattern and just freehand. Any help would be appreciated!

Lori from Marion, AR

As long as the backerboard is waterproof it should not be a problem.

make sure the mastic (adhesive) you use is also waterproof.

I just did behind my sink with old mexican tiles and it worked out fine.

Just make sure it's very scrubbable so you can get all the cooking grease and splatters off!

I'm getting ready to do behind my stove, but I have one my dad did and its on a thin board made of wood maybe a paneling, I think this was used cause its harder than foam board and it might also be cheaper. Hope yours comes out great let us know, ok, and I'll post when mine is done also.

Crafts Home DecorFebruary 5, 2008
Mosaic Tile Tabletop
Making a Mosaic Tile Tabletop
Making a Mosaic Picture Frame
Making a Mosaic Picture Frame
Making Splash Balls
Making Splash Balls
Glass gems of various colors.
Making a Flat Gem Mosaic Table
🎉
🎄