Bacchus (White Rat)

Bacchus is a 10 month old giant, white rat. I adopted him, and saved him from being snake food. He likes to play with his toys, and snuggle with me. He loves to eat and play.

By Kim

Bacchus is cute! In high school my environmental science teacher had pet rats in the classroom and I used to play with them. Good for you for saving him! Thanks for sharing him too. :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

Bacchus is adorable! Domesticated rats are awesome furry friends! I am proud of you for rescuing him and giving him a loving home! My first pet rat was a rescue too. :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Applesauce, FYI, rats have more in common with humans other than monkeys. Do some reading and get some education. They are living breathing beings with feelings. Too bad you're so narrow minded.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

He is a treasure. I had a white rat named Boston and he was very intelligent. I did a project in college that demonstrated his ability to learn and illustrated different teaching theories. Some folks are not as smart as animals. :(

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Bacchus is adorable! Bless you for saving him.

Years ago I had two albino males. They were sooo smart and sooo sweet! Please give Bacchus a "smooch" for me.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

Thought I would add a photo of my first pet rat, named Yodi, and I. He wasn't a giant rat but he had a giant heart. :-) The photo was taken in 1974.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Applesauce, it's people like you that make me like animals more than I like people. Just because you don't like rats, you think nobody else should? You're a real loser!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Love his name, the god of wine and intoxication. And I greatly appreciate the contributions made by rats in medical research.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

Don't those of you who are making insensitive comments here really see the photo and realize this is a young girl who loves her pet? How would you like it if someone told you "Shame the snake didn't have his meal." or "I greatly appreciate the contributions made by rats in medical research." about your beloved pet no matter what type of animal it might be? Shame on you!

Kim, Don't let the meanies get to you and I hope Bacchus wins the contest!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Wow! I truly am deeply appreciative of the contributions rats have made in medical research. I don't understand what is insensitive about acknowledging that. Great strides have been made in medicine because of rats and other animals.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

That's a huge rat! Very cool. I love rats but am allergic to them. Still I've had them before, allergies be damned. XD.

Reply Like this photo? Yes