Virginia (Corgi Mix)

Virginia is a 7 year old Corgi mix. We discovered her, on our anniversary, 6 years ago, in the local SPCA. Even though Corgis are herding dogs, her previous mommy gave her to the shelter (for possible destruction) because she didn't like this little baby chasing her chickens.

She loves to go for walks and rides and will jump nearly 4 feet off the ground at the sight of a leash! Although the smallest of 4 pups in our family, she is 20 lbs, her sister and brother are 80 lbs, 45 lbs and 40 lbs, she is the queen bee and dominates them all!

By Amy from Northern Virginia

Virginia (Corgi Mix)

Aweee, what a sweetheart. So GLAD you gave her a second chance at life! I just love how you said she jumps 4 feet in the air when she sees the leash. She obviously loves your quality time! My dog gets excited when she sees me put my shoes on!

I just love corgi dogs! We got one from our local adoption center 9 years ago...what a blessing to our family! He loves to ride with us and runs laps from one end of the house to the other when I pick up the leash or simply say "load up". He's a quiet dog, loves the family, and even gets along with our cat - she arrived almost two years ago. Enjoy your 'baby'!

Well, Virginia is just the cutest fur-baby. We have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi name "Tucker" ( His pix is on this site) and yes, they love to herd. Tucker herds my grandchildren and our cats. Tucker sleeps with the cats and he thinks thsy are his own little pack..They just love him

When you've done shelter work; NONE of the "reasons" for throwing a pet away will surprise you.

I've seen people buy purebred Huskies and bring them to the shelter the NEXT day because no one told them the dog would grow!

I also loved the women who wanted to adopt ONLY kittens every year and dump them when the women were pregnant. All they had to do was wear gloves to clean the litter or have someone else do it. You can't imagine the indignantion when those adoptions are denied.

It's also nice to see a shelter doing some decent breed identification. They usually just mark everything as a labx or shepx when some are full, gorgeous purebreds.

Corgis can be a handful if not given enough exercise, discipline and affection. It's nice to see how well your dog lives! :)

Your dog looks a lot like mine.............they are both sweeties.

Photos Pets DogsJanuary 30, 2008
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Virginia Christmas Charities
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
West Virginia Christmas Charities
🎄
🍂