No Lost Stitches When Crocheting

Another readers tip reminded me of this, when putting my crocheting down, I enlarge the loop that was on the needle and tie a loose knot with the yarn hanging off the needle. Keeps me from losing stitches when moving the item around.

By Linda from Bloomington, IL

If you are using needles you are knitting, but the tip is a good one. It's one of the reasons I love to crochet because if I make a mistake it's so easy to fix.

Great tip, though. PBP

I have always used a small metal hair clip, the kind you bend to open, to keep my place when crocheting. You can get these in sizes from half inch to 2 inches. Poor but Proud is correct. Crochet with a hook, knit with needles.

Ball of blue yarn with crochet hook.
Crochet Tips and Tricks
Crafts CrochetApril 3, 2006
Close up image of crochet
Crocheting With One Hand
Crocheting a Stocking
Crocheting a Stocking
dog wearing a cone
Keeping a Dog From Biting Stitches
Crochet hook resting on striped crocheted blanket
Basic Crochet Abbreviations Chart