Browsing: Repairing a Bleach Stain on Leather

Bleach Stain on Leather Chair

I have a bleach stain on a new leather chair. Is there any way to remove it?

Martha MN

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I would contact the manufacturer about that, because that sounds like a professional would have to be consulted with that, or recover it. I am sorry about that.

You could try using a felt tip pen in the closest possible color and coloring in the spot.

Bleach doesn't actually stain it actually 'bleaches' out the colour so there's no way to 'remove' it. Disguising it would be your best bet - with the felt tip previously mentioned or shoe polish may work if its brown. As its new I would also contact the manufacturer.

Regards

Jo

I used to own a leathercraft store and had to deal with that problem, for a few customers. You have to recolor the leather.

Do NOT use shoe polish, if it is in an area, which may rub off on someone's clothes.

There is a great product for this, in a spray-on form, called Nu-Life Color Spray, which can sometimes be found in shoe repair stores or online. Unfortunately, you can't really mix this to "match", but they come in a WIDE variety of colors, so you should be able to come VERY close to the color of your furniture.

The great thing about these, is that they have the "sealer" built in, so it's almost a one-step procedure.

The most important thing to remember, when you're matching the colors, is that for one thing, it will look different on each color that you spray it over, and two that it will be a little bit darker, until it dries, so don't panic.

Don't "over-spray" because it will look slightly darker, if you overlap the original color.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Charles

bleach damage on leather sofa
Repairing a Bleach Stain on Leather
Home and Garden Repair FurnitureJanuary 27, 2005
Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 11, 2016 at 12:30:55 PM on 10.0.1.7 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.