Identifying Navy and Black Pants

My household has trouble telling the difference between black and navy slacks/trousers in the closet. I purchased black plastic hangers and blue plastic hangers and hang the right color on the corresponding hanger in the laundry room, where the light is brighter. Now it is easy to see the color you want in the closet by the hanger color. No more navy pants with black pattern shirts on my husband!

By loves parties from Chillicothe, MO

What an awesome idea! Thanks.

Good tip for this sort of problem.

I may try this idea, but for now I write the word "navy" with an indelible pen on the label of my navy blue pants. When hanging in my closet, I keep the navy pants and black pants separated by my tan/khaki pants and just double-check the label before getting dressed.

When I cut off the price tags, I use a fine-tip permanent marker to write the exact color on the brand/wash label inside the waistband; this is especially helpful if that brand sells pieces to go with the pants (blouse, blazer).

Organized Closet
Organizing Your Bedroom Closet
Organizing ClosetJanuary 13, 2011
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎉
🎄