Homemade Deodorant

I found this recipe somewhere on the Internet, from someone who had also tried baking soda alone, with no successes. They eventually found out that the right formula was the one below:

• 6 parts of corn starch: (act as antiperspirant)
  • 1 part of baking soda: (deodorant)

No aluminum chloride.

Blend thoroughly. Put the powder in a sugar bowl and apply with a powder sponge from the dollar store. I have tried it, and it works well for me. I did try baking soda alone last year, but it irritated me.

Thank you! I've been looking for a recipe for homemade anti-perspirant.

Thanks for the reminder. I have tried this in the past, but end up using easier purchased deodorant. Time to get back on track. And I agree whole-heartedly that soda by itself is irritating.

Great idea! Thanks for this tip!

Great, Thank you for sharing this tip.

I found a recipe and am now using is with good results.

1/2 cup arrowroot (not cornstarch)

1/2 cup baking soda

mix it together and add 3 to 5 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil. (purchase at healthfood store). Cream it all together.

Store in a clean jar with lid and use your finger to dab it on your underarm. It smells so good. It is healthy too.

I like to use the more natural deodorants but as they're a bit expensive I recently decided to give the baking soda thing a try. I couldn't believe how well it works! I use a 50/50 blend of baking soda and corn starch with a few drops of essential oils for scent. Lavender is nice, it smells fresh plus has anti-bacterial properties. It makes a great body powder, too!

Homemade Deodorant with Ribbon Wrapped Around it
Making Homemade Deodorant
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes DeodorantFebruary 24, 2009
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Man Using Deodorant
Using Deodorant
Photo of a stick of Sure deodorant.
Removing Deodorant Stains on Clothing
Deodorant Stains
Removing Deodorant Stains From a Sweater