Dipstick The Cat

Dipstick is 2 months old. We did not get it - it got us. Dipstick sits in the garden under the squash leaves and hides. Dipstick lives under the porch with it's mother. Mama Cat just showed up one day!

By _lhendri479_ from Hendersonville, NC and Rockwood, TN

What a handsome boy! How did you come up with his name. That is a hoot!

Dipstick was an expression used in the 60's I think. It is slang for cute, funny, but also a pain in the butt. He is a pain in the butt to Momma Cat - jumps on her head, nips at her tail and all the other cute things that little kitties do.

Not being mean but the slang for dipstick actually means stupid or useless but Dipstick is a cute kitty and he/she probably doesn't understand the true meaning of the name but rather your sincere and heartfelt meaning :-) I think it's lovely you took Dippy and Mama Cat under your wings by allowing them to live in a safe and loving environment :-) Bless you!

Love Dipstick. Reminds me of my Oreo that I lost a year ago.

Cute lil guy and I like the cute name. He sounds like a lot of fun.

We also have a cat name Dipstick (who is very similar to yours, only 10 years older). In the UK, as well as meaning stupid (he is), Dipstick is also the term for the long piece of metal used to indicate the amount of oil in your car engine. When you pull the dipstick out, there is a little blob of oil on the end. Our Dipstick also has a blob on the end of his tail.

Photos Pets CatsOctober 3, 2009
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
Girl with her has face painted like a black cat.
Making a Cat Costume