Motor Oil Stains in Truck

My son-in-law purchased a used truck. It has a large stain on the floor board, and we think it is motor oil. It has the odor of oil, and we don't know how to get rid of the odor. Does anyone have a good idea how to reduce or get rid of the odor?

Lee from Columbus, Ohio

I would use Baking Soda....pour it on the spot and let it soak up any liquid that might be left and then brush it away...you might have to do this a couple of times...you can always make a paste with baking soda and a lil water...needs to be a thick paste...rub it into the spot and it should come out...this should help with the smell also.

Hope this helps.

You could try hand degreaser. It gets grease off of my clothes when my fiancee forgets to wash his hands before he hugs me.

Ashley

Cat litter also works well to absorb the oil and take out the smell .. the cheaper the brand the better as long as it doens't contain clay or is the "non clumping" kind. The litter also works well on garage floors. We also use it in the winter as extra weight when it's slippery out and the non clumping litter can be used under the wheels as traction if you slid off the road.

Good luck!

Rebekah

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoFebruary 20, 2006
Motor Oil on Concrete
Cleaning Motor Oil Stains From Concrete
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄