Frozen Bread Crumbs as an Ice Pack

I happened upon a great ice pack. I had an epidural block in my back this week so needed ice for swelling. I went to the freezer to make an ice pack. I realized that I had some old bread crumbs in a freezer bag and used it instead of ice.

The crumbs form to the area and the bag does not become wet with condensation. It stays cold much longer than the recommended 20 minutes on. Just put it back in the freezer for the next time. I have used frozen peas before, but like the bread crumbs much better.

By Tammie from Alabama

Of course not everyone will have frozen bread crumbs... but this sounds smarter than peas. Bread crumbs would, of course, be dryer.

Veggie Ice Pack
Improvised Ice Packs from Your Freezer
Health & Beauty Home RemediesMarch 8, 2010
A bowl of potato chips.
Recipes Using Potato Chips
A sundae made with a brownie and ice cream.
Uses for Brownies (and Brownie Crumbs)
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Homemade Bread Crumbs
Homemade Bread Crumbs
🎄