Saving Labels from Beer Bottles

My hubby is brewing his own beer. He wants to reuse store bought bottles that will work with his equipment. He also wants to save some of the labels. How do we remove the labels without damaging them?

Robin from Dover, FL

Contact the company and offer to buy new labels?

I had labels come completely off bottles after being soaked in ice water in a cooler.

I would think it would be illegal to use another company's label. Why don't you design and make your own unique labels? It wouldn't cost that much and your friends and relatives would be really impressed!

good Luck!

It depends on the glue used and how good a quality the labels are. Try this - wet a cloth and dab over the label until it is wet. Very, very carefully, try peeling the label from a corner. Although I have not tried this, I have heard that using a pencil placed against it, and to roll it up the label collecting it, may work. The labels may rip (again it's the quality that matters) or it may take a long time, but just go slow and steady! Hope this helps and good luck!

Buy Grolsh Beer (I think that's how you spell it). It has a swing top lid. It's a self corking lid that is attached, so you can drink a 1/2 a pint and recork & vacuum seal and finish later.

I know people who use new swing tops for home brewing.

He wants to reuse the bottles, not the labels. He collects beer bottle labels.

Thanks for the otherwise great suggestions!

Pour boiling hot water from the kettle into the bottle. Wait a few moments. The glue softens and walla! The label comes off in one strip. Thanks for all the great tips.

Crafts Recycled CraftsSeptember 17, 2007
Making Ginger Beer
Making Ginger Beer
Glass of stout with hops scattered in foreground and keg in backgroung.
Storing Beer
🎄