Cleaning Deep Fryer Grease Off the Floor

My son spilled the grease from the Fry Daddy all over the kitchen (linoleum) floor, I have moped it several times and it is still really slippery. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,
Kellie from Lake Erie Islands

Have you a bottle of Dawn dishwashing liquid.....if so, go over the entire floor with it diluted in a bit of water. Then with another pail of plain water, sop it up. Should do the trick.

The very best kitchen de-greaser is Formula 409. Works for me every time.

Yes..use 'Grease Lightening'

sprinkle salt all over the grease. Let it sit about 1 minute. Then sweep it up. Wash floor with a good detergent.Make sure the water is very warm, and rinse well with warm water. Use whatever you normally use especially if it is a no wax floor. Usually the salt will remove all the grease. If it still feels greasey,do the salt again,then rewash.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, I will try them all if I have too!

I found a product called Lestoil at our local farm supply store/hardware store. It has a petroleum-like smell, but it truly works. There will be usage instructions on the bottle. This is the only thing I've found to use on my boys' clothing...oh those greasy little spots...napkins anyone? I use it in the laundry and it works every time! BTW, the petroleum smell is gone after drying in the dryer! So your floor should fare well!

Sprinkle the floor with cornstarch to absorb any lingering oil. Sweep the floor thoroughly. Wash with Spic 'n Span dissolved in hot water. Rinse.

I work as a school cafeteria manager!

We use Cornmeal! Sprinkle some on the floor and leave it a while --then wipe it up easy!

Cindy

Louisiana

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJanuary 30, 2006
A photo of delicious bacon.
Draining Grease Off Meat
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
Large Turkey in Deep Fryer
Deep Frying a Turkey
🎉
🎄