Using Bubble Bath as Soap

I've seen suggestions for using bubble bath as a substitute for hand soap, but it isn't antibacterial is it?

By Lorraine from Bristol, CT

Constant use of antibacterial soaps should be avoided as they kill off the usual strains of household bacteria and may contribute to the rise of super bacteria.

Washing your hands with ANY soap and water will kill germs. Go ahead and use body wash or even shampoo as a liquid hand soap. Works just fine.

I agree with OliveOyl. I avoid antibacterial soaps. In normal household situations, antibacterial soaps just aren't necessary. The surfactant qualities of the soap along with vigorous scrubbing will wash away the dirt and germs.

Most of those "antibacterial" soaps aren't really antibacterial anyway. And even if they are, most germs are already immune to them. Plain soap works best. It simply washes the germs down the drain, you need no antibacterial additives. Any soap will work, bubble bath, hand soap, shower gel, liquid soap, or even liquid laundry detergent. I use watered-down Dawn Hand Renewal in my liquid hand soap dispenser. I like it because it doesn't dry out my hands, but shower gel or bubble bath will work equally well. But to get these thicker soaps through your liquid soap dispenser you'll need to thin them down with a little water.

* The main thing to remember when washing your hands is to wash them long enough to sing the alphabet song. Shorter than that and you won't wash off all the germs. Also, clean under your nails, too and avoid touching your face, and cough into your elbow, not into your hand. Wash your hands often and you will be sick far less. I always wash my hands first thing when I enter my home after shopping or going anywhere. Also, when I go grocery shopping or to a store with those disinfecting cloths, when I leave the store I bring one of the clothes out and wipe down my steering wheel and my door handle in my car, etc. with it.

There is recently a new worry about antibacterial soaps and antibacterial hand sanitizer ingredients causing internal disease so just stick with good old fashioned soaps, good old fashioned bubble bath, good old fashioned shampoo, etc and it doesn't really matter whether you're using soap, bubble bath, or shampoo interchanged because clean is clean with or without all the big business making money off of antibacterial hype schemes.

A rule of thumb is to simply sing either the song 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' or 'Now I know My ABC's' while washing what you're washing because that will be long enough to ditch the bacteria.

After having been in the field of nursing for over 15 years I have become irritated with people constantly believing the advertising world. First of all, "all soap" is antibacterial or surgeons would not use it to scrub up with. However the so called antibacterial soaps are much harsher and actually have been linked to compromising our immune systems by way of allowing the various kinds of bacteria to become immune to antibiotic treatment. Just use regular soap on a consistent basis and you'll be much safer.

My goodness: I want to thank you all so much for your responses.

Yoder178: I didn't anything about this. Yes, I've believed advertising and to think of all the antibacterial soaps that I bought when there wasn't any need of doing so.

May 16, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know if bubble bath can be used as liquid soap? I don't take a lot of baths and I'd like to use up the bottles of bubble bath I've received as gifts.

Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Answers:

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

Read the ingredients; if you aren't allergic to any of them, then I don't see why you can't use it, just as long as you rinse well. I use liquid hand soap as a body wash. It's a lot cheaper and smells just as good as the body washes. (04/23/2007)

By crystalsnap

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

I use bubble bath as bodywash. It only takes a little bit. I also sprinkle bath salts on the floor of the shower sometimes, where I won't step on them. I get to enjoy their scent without having to clean out the bathtub afterwards. (04/24/2007)

By Allison

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

I was out of body wash gel last week and had no time to go to the store. So I funneled some bubble bath into my empty body wash bottle and added a little mint mouthwash to thin it a little bit and for the mint scent.
(04/24/2007)

By melody_yesterday

RE: Using Bubble Bath as Soap

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

Bubble bath usually works great as shower gel/soap/. I see no reason not to use it as liquid hand soap, too. (04/24/2007)

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

About a year ago, I bought two huge bottles of bubble bath off the clearance rack for $1 each. I have been using them in the refillable hand pumps in the bathrooms ever since. I figure, soap is soap.

Trish in CT (04/25/2007)

By GirlNumber5

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

Why not? Sounds like a good way to use up the bubble bath. (04/26/2007)

By joesgirl

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

Some bubble bath soap can be too harsh for your "delicate" areas. Remember, it may be safe to use a few capfuls in your bathwater, but you're talking about using a super concentration of it. I don't recommend using it full strength, but if you do, please do so with caution. (04/26/2007)

By U*u*U

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

Yes you can. I do it all the time with ones that are gifted to me. I especially like to squeeze some on my nylon net type body buffer. Works great and smells good, too. I have even used some of the higher priced ones as shampoo. This also works great and leaves a nice smell. (05/19/2007)

Health & Beauty Beauty BodyMay 16, 2010
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄