Using Bubble Bath as Soap

Bubble bath is a very gentle soap that can often be purchased cheaply. It makes a great substitute for hand or body soap. This is a guide about using bubble bath as soap.

I buy large containers of bubble bath or shampoo at the dollar store and use these to refill my soap dispensers in my bathroom. In the past I used watered-down dish soap, but this made my hands dry, so I switched to Bubble bath or Shampoo as they don't dry my hands out. It cost much less than buying liquid soap refills and helps me save money. Every penny counts!

I've seen suggestions for using bubble bath as a substitute for hand soap, but it isn't antibacterial is it?

By Lorraine from Bristol, CT

Answers

Best Answer

After having been in the field of nursing for over 15 years I have become irritated with people constantly believing the advertising world. First of all, "all soap" is antibacterial or surgeons would not use it to scrub up with.

However the so called antibacterial soaps are much harsher and actually have been linked to compromising our immune systems by way of allowing the various kinds of bacteria to become immune to antibiotic treatment. Just use regular soap on a consistent basis and you'll be much safer.

Does anyone know if bubble bath can be used as liquid soap? I don't take a lot of baths and I'd like to use up the bottles of bubble bath I've received as gifts.

Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Answers:

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

Read the ingredients; if you aren't allergic to any of them, then I don't see why you can't use it, just as long as you rinse well. I use liquid hand soap as a body wash. It's a lot cheaper and smells just as good as the body washes. (04/23/2007)

By Crystal

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

I use bubble bath as bodywash. It only takes a little bit. I also sprinkle bath salts on the floor of the shower sometimes, where I won't step on them. I get to enjoy their scent without having to clean out the bathtub afterwards. (04/24/2007)

By Allison

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

I was out of body wash gel last week and had no time to go to the store. So I funneled some bubble bath into my empty body wash bottle and added a little mint mouthwash to thin it a little bit and for the mint scent.
(04/24/2007)

By melody_yesterday

RE: Using Bubble Bath as Soap

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

Bubble bath usually works great as shower gel/soap/. I see no reason not to use it as liquid hand soap, too. (04/24/2007)

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

About a year ago, I bought two huge bottles of bubble bath off the clearance rack for $1 each. I have been using them in the refillable hand pumps in the bathrooms ever since. I figure, soap is soap.

Trish in CT (04/25/2007)

By Trish Mastriano

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

Why not? Sounds like a good way to use up the bubble bath. (04/26/2007)

By joesgirl

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

Some bubble bath soap can be too harsh for your "delicate" areas. Remember, it may be safe to use a few capfuls in your bathwater, but you're talking about using a super concentration of it. I don't recommend using it full strength, but if you do, please do so with caution. (04/26/2007)

By U*u*U

Using Bubble Bath as Soap

Yes you can. I do it all the time with ones that are gifted to me. I especially like to squeeze some on my nylon net type body buffer. Works great and smells good, too. I have even used some of the higher priced ones as shampoo. This also works great and leaves a nice smell. (05/19/2007)