Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Looking For A Natural Cough Medicine

My son has coughed for a month. He's been to the doctor twice, on antibiotics twice. He has no other symptoms other than a cough so bad that he either throws up or has bronchial spasms and can't breath air in or out. His doctor gave him codeine cough medicine which I hate to give him. It doesn't work at all and makes him groggy. His doctor said it just has to run its course. Well, in the meantime, he's missing (a week so far) school. Anyone know of a strong natural cough medicine or anything to stop the spasms when he coughs? Since I know it isn't bronchitis, pneumonia, or asthma, I just need a good natural cough medicine or homemade remedy. Thanks!

Alica from Missouri

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Looking For A Natural Cough Medicine

My son has coughed for a month. He's been to the doctor twice, on antibiotics twice. He has no other symptoms other than a cough so bad that he either throws up or has bronchial spasms and can't breath air in or out. His doctor gave him codeine cough medicine which I hate to give him.

My son has coughed for a month. He's been to the doctor twice, on antibiotics twice. He has no other symptoms other than a cough so bad that he either throws up or has bronchial spasms and can't breath air in or out.