Uses for Expired Grapeseed Oil

I have a bottle of grapeseed oil that is past its date by a couple of years. Besides throwing it out, are there some ways to use it where the "use by date" doesn't matter? Thanks for your helpful tips.

By HJ from DE

Use the grape seed oil as a massage oil for my feet at night and put on old socks to avoid having the oil get on the bed linens. The old oil can be used on your gardening tools after they have been cleaned of the old grit and grime. This will keep your tools in tip top shape and it won't damage your soil as you use them later.

I used some that had never been opened & was a couple of years old. It had been kept in a dark closet so had never been exposed to sunlight. I used it in baking such as cakes & cookies. It never presented any problems. Maybe using it in a method that required heat made it usable. Good luck.

Call a local restaurant. I live in Calif. and by law, they must recycle used oil. Maybe they can help you. Good luck.

You can use it as skin oil or as one of the ingredients in a recipe for skin oil. If you do a search in ThriftyFun you will find a recipe. I have it printed at home or I could tell you what it is exactly. It's wonderful in winter.

As others have suggested, I would only use it topically (as a massage oil. etc.). I would not put it in anything to be eaten.

Is your oil grape (fruit) seed oil, or just "grape-seed oil"?

I've just never heard of "grapeseed oil".

Well, I looked it up, since I'd never heard of "grapeseed" oil, and here's something I found.

In cosmetics, grapeseed oil is widely used. It is often combined with other oils to make massage oil, since it glides well on the skin and it also has moisturizing properties. Grapeseed oil appears to assist with skin repair, as it has mildly astringent and antiseptic qualities. Some companies use grapeseed oil as a short term natural preservative in body products, while others integrate it into moisturizing creams, sunscreen, and an assortment of other products.

Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions. For those who have not heard of grapeseed oil, I heard about it when I went to a cooking class. The chef used it to saute fresh spinach, so I bought some. Only a couple of teaspoonfuls are used at a time. It makes the spinach taste good. That's how I have nearly a full bottle that is two years old. I appreciate your helpful tips. I think I'm going to use it on my dry feet and elbows and put some in a container for my husband to use on his dry feet. Thanks suz123 for doing the research. hj

If you have dry hair, and the oil does not have an 'off' smell, you could rub a little in your hands, and rub into the hair, for shine and moisture. Some of the brands of hair oil used in the same way are very expensive.

Health & Beauty AdviceApril 9, 2011
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
🎄