Paint Color Advice for Accent Walls

I painted my room pink, well 3 walls, hot pink and I don't know what color to paint the wall that my bed leans against. Any suggestions?

By Diana from Downey, CA

A pale pink would be nice. So would a pale green. Or choose a color from your bedding and use that.

Chocolate brown might work. Whatever the color, it needs to be picked up elsewhere, rug, throw pillows on a light brown bed spread with some hot pint accents. Ivory might work too, but you need to repeat colors. That hot pink can be overpowering so choose carefully.

Choose a color that is in the fabrics that you are using in the room, like bedspread, drapes curtains etc.

The bed wall needs to be the focus of the room, so you need to go bolder on that wall. I would try to go 1 or 2 shades darker than the other three walls. Or paint it the same color and wash it with a darker color pink. You can always paint some kind of wave design on it, try it on a piece of paper first to see if you will like it.

Our whole house is painted beige and we want to add some color without having to repaint everything. What are some colors that coordinate well with beige? I have been using burgundy, brown, yellow, and sage in my curtains and furniture, but need wall color.

By Melissa from Lake Charles, LA

Answers:

Paint Color Advice for Accent Walls

Treat the beige like you would khakis. Wouldn't you wear any color with khaki? It's the same with paint. Have fun! (06/30/2010)

By PainterLee

Paint Color Advice for Accent Walls

I vote for sage. (06/30/2010)

By yoder178

Paint Color Advice for Accent Walls

Blue, blue, and more blue. Dark ceilings in a room or two for contrast, again in blue. Light blue would appear washed out. Check out a color called Carolina blue. I would not go much lighter than that. Also, you might try some darker, brighter variations of the sage green. Just don't use too many different colors, but colors of the same family. Have fun. (06/30/2010)

By Chloelizabeth