Free Patterns for Hand Embroidery

I am looking for free hand embroidery patterns to download. I am unable to purchase them any longer.

By Sally from Saskatoon, Canada

I'm teaching my daughter how to cross stitch, and I wanted patterns easier than what already had. So I just typed "easy free cross stitch pattern" into my Google search bar and went from there. There are many places that offer free patterns of varying difficulties. Just do a simple search like I did, for whatever kind of embroidery you're interested in. had a lot of patterns and projects.

You could also use pictures from coloring books, the only thing is you would have to trace them.

I agree with the others here: use coloringbooks and google, and any drawings that interest you. I've come across these websites in my google searches:,,

I would just trace them out on tracing paper. Sometimes I ask my husband to draw, since he's skilled at line drawings, and then I can trace from that (to keep the drawing for reuse).

I have a few patterns you could print out on your computer. Not sure if any of them would be something you're interested in but would be happy to email them to you. Just click my contact button and leave your email address and I'll have them to you in just a couple of days. Do you need instructions on how to transfer them? If so I am pretty sure I have those instructions still.

Go to They offer quite a few vintage embroidery patterns as well as a lot of other vintage patterns. Also have recipes, hints, and a lot of other things. I have downloaded embroidery patterns for making dish towels and baby items too.

Good luck

embroidered flower
Finding Embroidery Patterns
Crafts Needlework EmbroideryFebruary 13, 2011
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
closeup of sewing machine needle
Free Motion Embroidery Ideas
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
Punch Needle Embroidery
Punch Needle Embroidery Tips and Tricks