Print at Your Local Library

Spend money at your local Library to help them a little bit! I have been getting my copies there logging into my mail account from their computer. I send things I want to print to myself and save in a folder labeled "PRINT". Later when I have several things I really want I make a trip downtown to the library (parking is limited so this is sometimes awkward), and run my copies : 10c for black/white and 25c for color.

If ink were not so expensive I might not feel I need to do this! If you actually needed the copies right away, this might not be ideal for you unless going to the library is something you do regularly anyway. But for me it tends to curb my sweet tooth to print so many things, thus making even more paper piles to sort through later!

That is a very good idea! Luckily my city is large enough to host 8 or 9 smaller library's. It makes it so much more accessible for a lot of our population that doesn't have transportation or have to take a bus. Our main library is downtown http://www.wichita.lib.ks.us/ and is about 2 miles from me but then we have 'sub' library's scattered in various parts of town (N, NE, S, SE & SW, E, W & NW). The south library is just about 10 blocks from my house. Our Wichita Crochet Guild also uses it for weekly 'stitch & bitch' sessions. I don't belong to the guild but I do go every week @ the library and crochet with them. There's usually anywhere from 3-4 up towards 15 gals there to crochet.

I love going to the library. I don't go often but when I do go, I typically will spend half a day there! I look @ the movies they have, the new additions in books & magazines, I look at just about every shelf of books in my little library!

this is the sub-library by my house http://www.wichita.lib.ks.us/Locations/Alford.htm

My printer takes 2 ink cartridges @ $35.00 each. I think I will keep track of how many printed sheets I get out of the next new cartridge install and then compare it to how much it will cost at the library to print the exact same amount and see if it is any savings. If it is a significant savings (you also need to figure in the cost of gas), I will defintaly start doing it that way.

Thank-You for sharing this!

Anna

I just started going to the library to do my printing. I had went to staples to buy ink for my printer, but it was too expensive. I could have brought a new printer for almost the cost of ink. Thanks for your input. I also had a good experience interacting with the outside world at the library.

Be Blessed!

You are so right about this. I would probably print out half of what I see on the internet if my printer was working. It needs a new toner cartridge and I'm too cheap to buy one until I really need it.

I think you have to use your home printer once a week or so to keep it in good working order. But I like using our library. If I want to use that weekly Hobby Lobby coupon on their website, I just print it out at the library and drive over to HL.

I live next door to my library so this is really so easy for us to do. But we do keep ink we buy it from walgreens, much cheaper that anywhere else we have found it.

Rows of books in a library
Using Your Public Library
Better Living Frugal Living TipsNovember 24, 2008
image of library due date card
Remembering to Return Items to the Library
A row of old books.
Getting Rid of Your Old Books
Woman Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
installing software
Installing Corel Print House
🎉
🎄