Reuse Old Fan Blades and Covers - Categories:

Recycled CraftsCrafts

Reuse Old Fan Blades and Covers

contest winner icon

I had a fan that stop working. I didn't want to throw it away, so I thought of a way to reuse the blades and covers. I used colored tissue paper and wall paper paste for the blades.

I tore the tissue paper in pieces, covered one side of the blades with it, then used a paint brush to brush the wallpaper paste all over the tissue. I let it dry, turned it over, and did the same on other side. I then drilled a hole on the top of the blade, put a string through the hole, then hung it outside. It looks very pretty when the sun hits it and when the wind spins it.

I lay the covers on the ground for a toss game with bean bags.

By blueeyes27 from Peru, IN

Why not use the fan blades to make a type of picket fence or you could use them as fence posts. Take and drill holes at the same level and you could take some thin rope and weave it in and out of the holes, Tie a knot in each end of the rope/string to keep it from coming undone. I would put the flat end in the ground and curved end up. You could even paint flowers or little animals on the blades before you put them out.

Crafts Recycled CraftsJuly 18, 2011
Wiper Blades on White Background
Changing Windshield Wiper Blades
Dusty Electric Fan
Cleaning an Electric Fan
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Refurbished a Ceiling Fan
Refurbishing a Ceiling Fan
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 4:54:43 PM on 10.0.2.107 in 692 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.