Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Reuse Old Fan Blades and Covers

contest winner icon

I had a fan that stop working. I didn't want to throw it away, so I thought of a way to reuse the blades and covers. I used colored tissue paper and wall paper paste for the blades.

I tore the tissue paper in pieces, covered one side of the blades with it, then used a paint brush to brush the wallpaper paste all over the tissue. I let it dry, turned it over, and did the same on other side. I then drilled a hole on the top of the blade, put a string through the hole, then hung it outside. It looks very pretty when the sun hits it and when the wind spins it.

I lay the covers on the ground for a toss game with bean bags.

By blueeyes27 from Peru, IN

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Shirley M.07/27/2011

Why not use the fan blades to make a type of picket fence or you could use them as fence posts. Take and drill holes at the same level and you could take some thin rope and weave it in and out of the holes, Tie a knot in each end of the rope/string to keep it from coming undone. I would put the flat end in the ground and curved end up. You could even paint flowers or little animals on the blades before you put them out.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.