Cleaning an Electric Fan

We use fans at our house, and I needed something to be able to help keep them in optimum condition. I made a stiff little brush out of a drinking straw, and now I can use that brush to keep debris from the front and especially the back of the fans.

Source: I have a lot of straws for crafts.

3 More Solutions

I let this fan go for far too long before cleaning. See how it collects dust because it runs all the time?

Cleaning Fans

I have a circular fan that works really good when the grates are unblocked. Normally I take the grates off the box fans and clean them with soap and water and then dry them and put them back on.

Cleaning a fan with a wire dog brush.

I use a small, oscillating fan in my kitchen and it seems that overtime the cover gathers a greasy film with dust attached! To quickly and safely clean this off, I unplug the fan and remove the cover.

I take the cover outside and spray it with FUME FREE oven cleaner.

Home and Garden Cleaning ElectronicsJuly 30, 2014
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-an-Electric-Fan.html